Tuesday 4 January 2011

If we're chasing perfection what are we really chasing?

A while ago I changed my blog name from 'stupid has stories' to 'chasing perfection...' I just didn't think my first name really suited my blog which was mainly about clothes. But honestly, I'm not chasing 'perfection'  because who is to judge what is perfect? When i was younger people always used to say 'practice makes perfect', but it didn't it just made you better. You can be prefect in one persons eyes, or lots of people's eyes, but there is nothing to say that everybody is going to think that it is perfect. So if we are chasing perfection what are we really chasing? Except self doubt, as we are always in search for something better. So, perhaps we are all perfect, just in our own way? 
I've always said I wanted to care less, about everything, but maybe I took it slightly too far when after a night in with some friends I decided shaving one eyebrow off would be a good idea I'm not joking, unfortunately i now how to live with one eyebrow until the other one grows back! (Maybe i just contradicted my own point about everybody being perfect in their own way...) love and stuff x

5 comments:

  1. I love this post and totally agree with it. You can't ever please everyone so why not just be yourself. You can't define perfection :)

    I'm now following, hope you can do the same :)

    http://amyssecretcloset.blogspot.com/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow well said. Can't wait to read some more posts. Now following! Would love if you followed mine too !

    xxo Tess S.
    CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and I couldn't agree more with you and Amy Mcmillan :)

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally agree :)
    everyone is perfect in their own way because everyones view of perfection is different!

    gavinabehindthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is some really good stuff you are writing right there. :) definitely following! hope you can come and check out my blog some time as well! :)

    ReplyDelete