Friday 28 January 2011

Fashion, an art form that you wear.

Ok, so I'm officially rubbish at posting and I'm sorry. I've left it ages since I posted last. I've written numerous posts here before deleting them at the risk of sounding pretentious. They were all about not being sure about 'individualism' trending or ultimately disliking the dictation that fashion has on our lives. I think it all sparks from wanting to be seen as an individual, my own person, but really it doesn't come down to what we wear does it? You can't hide behind your clothes (in a metaphorical sense obviously as physically this is exactly what we are doing, which for most of us is a very good thing...) Ultimately clothes don't matter, it's the person you are that's going to get you where you want in life, but even as I know this clothes are still so important to me, they reflect your personality and mood, it's just difficult to understand why. Fashion is just art that you wear, and so much in life is based around art so I'm not sure why I'm finding it so difficult to grasp the concept of fashion, perhaps I'm just naive in thinking everybody is there own person. I've confused myself with all of this. Just tell me, what does fashion mean to you? Love and stuff x

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I so know what you mean. On one hand, it's like, "I love fashion. It's part of who I am. It IS who I am." On another hand, it's like "WTF DRESS NORMALLY. DONT LET FASHION DEFINE YOU."

    I don't know. I don't think fashion should ever BE you, but it should definitely be an expression of yourself, an extension of who you are. (Of course, it's not worth anything if there's no substance under all that clothing.)

    Interesting post! :)
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete