Tuesday 6 December 2011

Wishful thinking DIY style

 At some point in the summer I was given an old pair of jeans from a friend which I intended to turn into some seriously cool shorts; however, here we are well and truly in winter and they are still not finished. I've taken to wearing them half finished though, they looked sad just handing on my wall for months on end so down they came. I'm still hoping to finish them when I've brought more supplies, probably next summer when it's more appropriate weather for bare legs. So, here's what happened to create these bad boys: I cut the initial jeans into shorts (Seemed like the obvious first step...) then scrunched them into a ball tied together with elastic bands and dyed them with pink dye, I then frayed the bottoms and turned them up before starting the part which is still in the process of happening, I un-stitched part of the back pocket and started filling it with studs. It was going well, until I ran out of studs. But here they are anyway, still in the process of becoming the 'seriously cool shorts' I hoped for. Obviously, as anybody from England could probably guess I have not been wearing them out without tights, but for the sake of the pictures my house is definitely warm enough to brave the bare legs. Love and stuff x




No comments:

Post a Comment